Payment Methods Accepted by Expatriate Law
- By cheque. (Makes cheques payable to “Expatriate Law limited”)
- By internet banking/bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank information)
- Cash up to a maximum of £500
- By credit or debit card. Please see options below and FAQ’s below. It is essential that you quote your case reference in card transactions to allow us to credit the funds to your account. That reference will be in the form L/BEA0011. You can pay by debit or credit card online at https://expatriatelaw.com/online-payments/.
Is there a limit on the amount that can be paid by debit or credit card?
No. We do not limit the amount which can be paid to us by debit or credit card, however the card issuer may have a limit on single or daily transactions.
How long does it take for funds to clear?
At present it is taking 4-5 working days for card payments to clear. We cannot use the funds until they have cleared. If funds are needed sooner you should consider using internet banking to transfer the money as this is faster.
What can I pay online?
Online Payments can be used for a variety of payments including:
- Paying our invoices
- Money on account of our fees or disbursements
- Money on account of disbursements
Does paying online attract any fees?
If money is paid using a GBP credit card, there will be a small fee (1-3% approx.). You will be notified of the fee BEFORE you submit your payment.
There is no fee for using a GBP debit card.
If you use a non GBP currency credit or debit card there will be an additional fee for currency exchange.
The facility for card payments is for your convenience and therefore all fees incurred will be payable by you and we will only credit your account with the net sum received by us after fees charged.
What cards can be used online?
We only accept cards from Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and JCB.
Refunds and Chargebacks
We will not accept any chargeback after a payment is made to us. Refunds are entirely at our discretion and will only be made to a nominated bank account with any fees and currency exchange charges being met by you.
Question, comment or concern? Our contact form is the best way to get in touch with a member of our team.
Expatriate Law Ltd.
Expatriate Law Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No 623831
2nd Floor,218 Strand London WC2R 1AT
DX 232 London Chancery Lane
Tel: (+44) 20 3096 7169
Fax: (+44) 808 280 0130
Email: [email protected]