Sophie is experienced in managing her own caseload and undertaking a wide range of family law matters. Her work has involved advising clients in international jurisdiction disputes concerning divorce and complex financial remedy proceedings where she has obtained urgent maintenance pending suit orders and legal services orders for financially dependent spouses. Sophie has experience in various private children law proceedings dealing with highly acrimonious residence and contact cases together with domestic violence cases and wardship proceedings.
Sophie joined Expatriate Law in the United Arab Emirates in August 2014 where she spent three years before returning to England in July 2017 where she continues to advise British expatriates from multiple jurisdictions on a range of family law matters through the English courts. Prior to Expatriate Law, she trained at and worked for Goodman Ray Solicitors, a niche specialist family law firm in London.
After obtaining a Bachelors and Masters degree at university, Sophie went on to obtain a distinction in family law at the College of Law in London.
Clients describe Sophie as hard working, approachable and empathetic with their difficult and stressful situation. Her determined attitude ensures that she will protect her client as well as providing balanced legal advice.
- My Areas of Expertise
- Deciding where to divorce
- Divorcing from abroad
- Help dividing your assets
- Help obtaining maintenance
- Help obtaining child support
- Financial claims if you’re already divorced
- Financial claims if you’re unmarried
- Resolving children disputes
- Taking a child overseas
- Protecting yourself as an unmarried couple
- Enforcing orders abroad
- Enforcing orders in England
- Prenuptial and other agreements
- Resolving matters out of court