Expatriate Law – About Us
We are a specialist team of international divorce and family lawyers, advising British expatriates living abroad, and multinational families living in England. Our firm’s particular expertise is advising high net worth individuals on cross border divorce and family law matters.
Contact us for confidential advice if:
- You were born in England or Wales.
- Your spouse was born in England or Wales.
- You have property or other assets in England or Wales.
- You or your spouse live in England or Wales.
- You or your spouse did live in England, and either of you intend to return there.
- You were married overseas but have connections to England.
- You or your spouse are temporarily living in England.
- You or your family are relocating to England.
We appreciate that living in a foreign country, it can be difficult to know where to turn for accurate and trusted advice. Unfamiliar and conflicting laws make divorcing abroad a potential minefield. Our firm only advises international and expatriate families, and so on a daily basis we assist British clients residing in Dubai, Singapore, Qatar, Cyprus, Thailand and other expat hubs. We also have particular expertise in advising international families that may be working in England or staying here temporarily.
We not only advise on divorce and separation, but also child related family law issues such as child relocation, child arrangements, protection of children and safeguards.
Why choose us?
- International divorce is a complex area of law requiring specialist expertise.
- Since all our cases are of an international nature, we keep abreast of changes to this ever developing field. This ensures that our clients benefit from this knowledge and experience.
- Our lawyers are familiar with the practicalities of expat life such as visas, dependent’s passes, gratuity, and increased living costs.
- Our team have vast experience in advising on high net worth family law issues, complex and overseas assets, and cross border matters.
- Our firm is recognised for its exceptional expertise in international family law. The Law Society shortlisted us for ‘Excellence’ in International Legal Services.
- Other family law firms contact us regularly for advice on international legal issues.
- The overwhelming praise from our former and present clients says it all.
We advise on the full range of family law issues, for those who are married or separated, same sex couples, those considering marriage and wanting to protect their wealth and those with children. Contact us to speak today with a senior lawyer within the firm for initial advice, without charge.