Cristiana is a Trainee Solicitor in Expatriate Law’s London office. She supports the work of senior solicitors at the firm and manages new enquiries. She has previous legal experience volunteering at St Michael’s Legal Drop-In in Camden, which involved assisting with the registration of clients and attending client meetings alongside qualified lawyers. She also volunteered at Citizens Advice Bureau in Hammersmith & Fulham. Cristiana studied towards the MA Law (SQE1) at the University of Law and is due to undertake the SQE2 exams in 2024.
Cristiana graduated from the University of Edinburgh in May 2021 with a MA (Hons) in International Relations. During her final year, she embarked on a dissertation looking at the intersection between law and popular culture, specifically researching the backlash against legal progress in film. This led her to undertake a law degree. Legal writing and research are of great interest to Cristiana, and something she is continuing with at Expatriate Law.
Cristiana was raised across the United States, Germany, and Switzerland before moving to the UK for university, making her familiar with the expat lifestyle. She has knowledge of German, having taken the C1 level fluency exam in 2017.
- My Areas of Expertise
- Deciding where to divorce
- Divorcing from abroad
- Help dividing your assets
- Help obtaining maintenance
- Help obtaining child support
- Financial claims if you’re already divorced
- Financial claims if you’re unmarried
- Resolving children disputes
- Taking a child overseas
- Protecting yourself as an unmarried couple
- Enforcing orders abroad
- Enforcing orders in England
- Prenuptial and other agreements
- Resolving matters out of court