Expatriate Law Case Studies
The case studies below involves clients of Expatriate Law, but names of the parties, and some factual information has been changed to maintain client confidentiality.
We are a specialist team of British lawyers, advising expats worldwide on divorce and family law matters.
- Partner and Solicitor (England & Wales)
Sonny PatelSonny qualified to practice as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2006. Before joining Expatriate Law in 2014, Sonny trained and practised exclusively in Legal 500 rated central London law firms where he consistently achieved outstanding results for his clientele of professionals and entrepreneurs. Continue reading...(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Partner / Senior ConsultantDavid is a highly experienced litigation lawyer, having qualified as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales in 1986. He has run his own successful and busy London litigation practice for 21 years. David was formerly a member of the Law Society Family Law panel and spent many years in the accountancy profession before entering the law. Continue reading....(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Senior Associate and Mediator (England & Wales)Hero was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2000. Hero has previously worked as a family lawyer at Dawsons and KSB law based in Lincoln’s Inn, London. Her experience includes high net worth financial settlements on divorce, child arrangement matters, child abduction and ... continue reading.(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Associate SolicitorAfter obtaining a Bachelors and Masters degree at university, Sophie went on to obtain a distinction in family law at the College of Law in London. Sophie trained at and worked for Goodman Ray Solicitors, a niche specialist family law firm in London, for five years before joining Expatriate Law in Dubai. Continue reading....(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Associate SolicitorLauren was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2008 and has worked as a family lawyer in London, Johannesburg and Dubai. She has significant experience dealing with expatriate family law matters particularly those involving English and South African law issues and is now based in London... Continue reading.(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Partner - BarristerByron is a Partner and Head of the Expatriate Law team in Dubai. Having been based in the Middle East for several years he has an expert understanding of the local law and culture, in particular the way in which it affects expatriates. His caseload is diverse, he represents expatriates all over the world with clients in almost every continent. Continue reading...(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Managing Partner - Solicitor (England & Wales)Alexandra Tribe co-founded Expatriate Law with her father, David Hallam-Peel, in 2010 and is based in the firm’s London office. Alexandra has been accredited by Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) as a specialist in International Family Law and Advanced Financial Provision and sits on Resolution’s international family law committee. She is also a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers. Continue reading...(+44) 20 3096 7169
- Consultant SolicitorDavid Truex is an expert in family law in England and Wales as well as internationally. He is one of the foremost experts in legal jurisdictional disputes. David has practised family law for over 40 years and has been at the forefront of family law reform, acting as an advisor to governments in both Australia and the United Kingdom. Continue reading...(+44) 020 3096 7169