Notable and Reported Cases
A list of Expatriate Law’s notable cases that deal with significant points of law and are considered to be valuable precedents.
- F v M  EWHC 2676 (Fam) (20 July 2020) (concerning relocation of children from the UAE to England)
- KMM v NAM (Jurisdiction)  EWHC 2300 (Fam) (13 August 2021) (concerning divorce jurisdiction)
- XM v XF  EWHC 1279 (Fam) (13 May 2021) (child arrangement orders made by the English court concerning children residing in Dubai)
- S (Children), Re (Inherent Jurisdiction: Setting Aside Return Order)  EWCA Civ 1223 (13 August 2021)
- GC v AS  EWHC 14 (Fam) (11 January 2021)
A Court of Appeal decision concerning British children residing in Libya, allowing an appeal against a decision made by Mostyn J. The mother can now proceed with her application for the return of the children to England under the parens patriae jurisdiction. The mother’s previous solicitors had failed to raise parens patriae as the jurisdiction basis in their original application.